Saturday, March 12, 2011

Not quite the spec miata

Well today I worked on my trailer. After an incident Friday morning, when the trailer decided to unhitch itself, I decided today to fix the damage and fix the problem. I removed the old style coupler and replaced it with a new collar lock coupler. At the same time, I replaced the jack while I was working on that. Removing the old jack proved to be the largest problem. Welded from the top and bottom, in addition to bolts, required some serious grinding, cutting, and cursing.

Despite the setbacks, it is all back together. So far so good, the coupler held once it was placed on the tractor to move it to its storage location. I will hitch it back up to the truck and see how it does tomorrow.

I also noticed I now have a tail light to replace. It was likely damaged when it came unhitched I am guessing it reared up and busted the light. No biggie, its not like I have to replace the coupler again.

No comments:

Post a Comment