Monday, January 24, 2011

The right tools make all the difference

Wow. Like I mentioned previously, getting good tools is the way to go. Well, I should add to that, having the right, appropriately sized tool is also the way to go. In my previous post I mentioned how the axle nuts were causing me some serious grief. I ordered a 29 mm socket and arranged to borrow a 3/4 inch impact wrench. My socket came in today and I arranged to pick up the impact wrench yesterday. As soon as I got done eating dinner, I ran out to the shop and hooked everything up. About 2 seconds on each side and they both were free.

I will pick up some kerosene and get some work done during the evenings this week.

I will probably hold onto the impact wrench for a couple days as I can see it coming in handy for the long lower bolt on the driver side.

No comments:

Post a Comment