Sunday, January 9, 2011

Despite the weather

Despite the weather, I got several of the items on my list done.

The trunk now has a pull to open the trunk from the outside. Previously, you had to use the key to get into the trunk. From what I read this leads to problems for several reasons. Keys get locked in trunks, occasionally safety workers may need access to the trunk, etc.

The trunk release also has additional utility now that the fuel door release has been mounted in the trunk.

Inside door releases. These were pretty simple to fix up. Basically there is a now a cable in each door that releases the door from the inside. This is a necessary adjustment now that the door is gutted. The gutting of the door removed the OEM latches from the car.

I also mounted the lower mounting of the window net I am not sure if I am happy with this. I think I am going to shop around for another method of mounting. The way it is, should be very strong, but it is just not a very clean solution.

Sorry, I do not have any pictures today. If I have time this week, I will get some photos up.

What I did not get done was some of the mechanical items, I did not get the fuel filter, slave cylinder, or suspension work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment