Sunday, August 28, 2011

Track Prep

So, in preparation of my October track day, I spend some time changing fluids.

This weekend I changed the following. Differential oil, transmission oil, engine oil. I have drained the cooling system, but I am awaiting a new lower radiator hose. The car will not have "anti-freeze" in it. It will instead have a mix of distilled water and a product called "water-wetter" basically this simply helps break down the surface tension of the water. However, you do not run anti freeze due to it being very slick and nearly impossible to clean up off a track.

In addition to the prep work, I also installed the transponder. This is mounted in the front driver side wheel well. The wiring is then passed through the fender and wired to the "power supply" plug on the driver side fender well. Easy as pie. The wiring is held on with a series of adel clamps and zip ties. I will get some photos posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment