Sunday, June 19, 2011

Painted!

So, I got the car painted today. I am less happy with these photos than i am the paint. The paint, for my first attempt at painting a car, is not all that bad. I still need to wet sand, that will take care of some of the surface imperfections and paint texture.




Tack Cloth, essential prep.



Wax and Grease remover, more essential prep

Bag full of Summit Racing Stickers to cover what I mess up.

In-line pressure regulator and disposable dessicant filter.


Paint Strainer, always strain before putting paint in your gun.


Cheap spray guns, HVLP is nice. I actually dig the little detail gun.

A little cheap insurance against fish-eyes. Works great except if you dump water or silicone on your surface (ask me how I know).


You must add this to make your paint harden.

Dexter Style paint booth. I positively pressurize the booth with a box fan, blowing through a good furnace filter. Air exits through another filter.

Viper Red paint. The closest I will ever get to a viper.


Look at the shine! Die flies, mwhahaha. I really did not want one doing the back-stroke in my new paint. So I put these up about a week ago. By the way. Flies make little groaning noises when they get trapped. Kinda weird.




The booth.
Umm, yeah, I am glad I wore this. This is a crap photo. The color is off.
This is what happens when water drops on your paint as painting. I had a leaky connection before the moisture filter by the gun. Dropped on hood. Then got covered in paint and pushed out by the paint and air. (Place summit sticker here)




No comments:

Post a Comment