Sunday, June 26, 2011

Painted and Decaled

Friday, I did a little more wet sanding.

Saturday, I eagerly awaited my polisher to show up. I killed time mowing and string trimming. The polisher arrived early in the afternoon. I used Meguiar's meidum cut cleaner for the first one over of the car. I followed that up with Meguiar's Ultra fine Finishing Polish.

In retrospect, I should have probably done another once over with the finishing polish.

This morning to keep myself from doing any more cutting or polishing, I decided to pull the car out and start placing the required decals. Plus I needed to move the hard top to the make-shift paint booth.

The paint obviously has its flaws. I understand why paint booths have lighting on the side. It makes it easy to see how much paint is laid down on the sides. Avoiding runs. I have a few runs. There is still some texture to the paint. There is varying texture on the car. Regardless, its down right sparkly for a 20 year old race car.

I took the car out today on the new tires. The car handles like a dream. Oversteer is predictable and correctable. The car transitions between over and understeer based on weight transfer. Before it goes to the track I will double check the alignment and reset.






No comments:

Post a Comment