Sunday, February 12, 2012

Transmission Back In

Yesterday, I was able to reinstall the transmission front cover, and the broken retaining ring. 

Joey and I spent some time working on the car today.

We were able to reinstall the coolant cap at the back of the motor, rear main seal, fly wheel, clutch, transmission, power plant frame, and driveshaft. It was a pretty simple reinstall. It took a couple stabs to get the transmission mated with the engine, but with two of us able to adjust and push on the transmission, it was not too bad. We had to use a drift to line up the starter with the holes on the transmission. Again, this is pretty simple. Once everything was snugged up we followed it up with the torque wrench. The bolts that took the longest were the slave cylinder bolts.

I also fixed a small coolant leak. This is the infamous "water pump o-ring" its really part of the inlet. Regardless, I had to break some bolts on the header heat shield to get access to this. I also ended up emptying most of the cooling system onto the floor of the garage. The o-ring was pinched. Once I pulled it out it was apparent.

I need to get some coolant, transmission fluid, and we should be ready to roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment