Tuesday, April 26, 2011

So, What's Next?

Despite looking nearly done, I still have quite a few things to do.

Some of the simple items still do do are as follows.

Bleed the brakes. This is pretty simple, I just need to get someone over here to help out. I may also take this as an opportunity to pick up a motive pressure bleeder. http://www.motiveproducts.com/

Replace the slave cylinder on the clutch. This is a simple task, it will also require bleeding the system. Again straight forward, will probably take some time under the car and its already quite messy around it.

Finish the seat/harness installation. This will involve removing the bracket from the seat. Mounting the bracket to the car. Locate the final rear holes and drill them. Mount the bracket to the car. I will then mount the seat to the bracket. At this point, I can then locate the brace mounting locations and start scoping out the sub belt mounting locations.

I need to actually mount the battery. I am pretty sure the car was missing some of the battery mounting hardware when I bought it. So this will be a matter of locating replacement hardware or fabbing up a new hold down.

I need to pressure wash the engine bay. Its nasty. There is so much gunk under there its hard to tell if there are active leaks or if its just the remnants of 20 years of driving, oil spillage and former leaks. Luckily it does not appear to drop any oil while sitting so I am taking that as a good sign. However, definitely not a certainty.

The Advanced autoparts commercial just reminded me that I also need to get some wipers. Outside of that reminder, I also need to get a transponder, wheels, tires, and a fire bottle. I also think I am going to rework the lower mounting of the window net.

While I am at it, I will throw on some hood pins, radiator screen.

When all of the above is done, it will be time to mount the hard top, address the looks of the car. i.e. the areas with peeling paint. Change all of the fluids with race fluids and take it to the track.

Outside of the purchase of wheels and tires, none of the above items are large or overly expensive items.

No comments:

Post a Comment